Running for a cause

https://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/huanyan/running-for-a-cause

I have been running marathons since God knows when. I saw this give.sg thingy on one of the SCSM newsletter and decided that I have nothing to lose if I participate in one of the charities to help raise fund for the cause.

I chose Make a Wish Singapore as the charity I'm raising fund for. For no particular reason but I just felt that making wishes come true and giving these children a fantastic experience and granting their wish is quite something.

Make-a-Wish basically makes the impossible a reality for the children with life threatening diseases, so as to bring more relief to them in the midst of their struggle and to bring them hope. As a believer, I think we are the salt and light of the world and if there's anything we should bring to the world, it's love, hope and faith.

Freely we receive, freely we should give.

So do support me. Since I am going to run, I might as well do it for a good cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection