And thus New Year Resolutions

And so after weeks of thinking and reflecting through, here are my New Year Resolutions for the year:
  1. To lead a simple life. This is not simple to be defined. But I mean simple at two levels. Firstly, to keep living at a simple level and not spend beyond what is necessary. Over the past months, I think God has spoken to me that He has blessed us beyond measures and I ought not to ask for more. In fact, this year, when people ask me what birthday present I want, I got stuck for a while and realised that I am actually already quite contented with what I have and I don't really have a lot of needs and wants that I would want people to fulfill. Secondly is to think simply and not make things very complicated for myself. This is more difficult to be worked upon but it can be done. It by no means, though, implies I am going to stop digging deeper into theology and the word. 

  2. To see the world through God's eyes and perspective. It is easy to be inspired by God's vision and mission for the world and strive to live it out but how about seeing the world through God's eyes and perspective? I gained a glimpse of that when I went over to Japan last year and during the marathon in December, God showed me a glimpse of His view of the world throughout the run. I was almost in tears throughout the whole run (tears not because of the pain). Yet, to see people and the world through His eyes remains a difficult task because of the fact that we are human beings and sinful beings. 
And so, these will be my resolutions for the year. Not a complicated and difficult to remember tasklist. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection