Opening the Scripture

They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” - Luke 24:32
Looking at the verse, does one have the desire to have your heart burning within you when the Scripture is opened to you? Or rather does that really happen? 

I realise that as I grow in my knowledge of the Word, this begins to happen more and more regularly - the desire to have the Scripture opened and to realise the meaning of the Scriptures. That is why theology became so intriguing to me, as reading theological materials help to open up Scriptures and open my mind to new possibilities. That is why when I prepare for bible discussion, I realise that I grow a lot in my understanding, even when people do not seem to benefit much as yet. 

And opening the Scripture will continue to remain one of the most wonderful things we can ever do - as our act of worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection