Trust in the LORD

As I was meditating on some stuff at home earlier, God just reminded me of this verse, which He sorts of reminded me as well last night before I sleep. It was my first memory verse which I memorised as a new believer:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And lean not on your own understanding
In all your ways, submit to Him
And He will make your paths straight - Proverbs 3:5-6
I like the NIV2011 version. The NIV1984 said 'in all your ways, acknowledge Him', but I think submission to God is more than acknowledging but it's really entrusting God to lead us, even when we do not understand. His ways are after all higher than ours and there are mysteries which we cannot fathom. It is consistent with what Ps Jeff has shared earlier, when he said that he can serve as though everything depends on him but at the end of the day, it's God's work we are talking about.

I guess in the upcoming 2013, it will be a year of trusting Him once more, and perhaps the fact that He has reminded me of this may very well mean that I need to learn to trust Him even more.

Reflections on 2012 coming up soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Iakobou Epistode: From Confusion to Clarity