Discipleship to serve other

I was just thinking earlier. I had talked about whether the Church is worth building and if it is worth building, we should put our hearts and souls to build the Church of Jesus Christ.

Another thought came to my mind just now and I was thinking, the microcosm of the universal Church that I am in now is my local church and if it is part of God's Church, it is worth building. And if this is so, it should not matter too much if I receive my required dose of discipleship from the church. I am more than capable to find my means to receive discipleship from other sources but what's more important is that I do not get myself into a consumeristic position and demand that the church 'feeds' me with what I want and what I need. Rather, I need to learn to serve the church with what I have.

If the church is worth building, then the discipleship of the people in the church is worth the serving.

Comments

  1. Interesting! I've been thinking and wondering how come God has led me into this pioneering LG to serve the elderly.

    I think God answered my two key concerns: fellowship and mentoring - where am I going to get them from, if He calls me into this LG?

    He showed me that I'm not here to "minister" to the elderly as in just giving to them. I can get my fellowship from them too, no matter how young they are in the faith (even if they are very old already). No one is too old for God to work through.

    And also about discipleship... besides the self-discipleship... I realized that, after recalling what I have read in the Bible, there is a time to receive and a time to give back. That while I may not have a mentor now, I can still be a mentor to younger believers. It is time for me to, in your own words, "learn to serve the church with what I have."

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection