God our Big Boss

I blogged about myself being a full time minister of God and part time civil servant before. Since then, I have been thinking about this.

I think the best way to look at the whole thing and to explain to any other people is that we need to realise our (referring to all people who proclaim Christ as their Lord and Saviour) ultimate employer is God Himself. Hence, whatever work that we undertake, we report ultimately to God. For me, this means that the time I have in waking hours belongs to God, whether I am in work or not. It also means, to put it in the terms of a particular PS in my workplace, we are all knowledge workers and we need to be independent in managing our time. Hence, applying this beyond the workplace, how I manage my life is entirely up to me, whether I am 'professional' when it comes to God's work.

The question then directs to my brothers and sisters, if God is our CEO/Boss, then what have He given us in our portfolio that we need to manage? And the work we are doing in our workplace, are they just 'work' for a living or is there a purpose why God places you in the position where you are currently?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection