The strange work of God

I was just reflecting on what happened over the past one week.

Last Saturday during service, there was this first time visitor who stepped into our service. He was not invited by any members in the service and walked in because his aunt, who was an ex-member, recommended him to come to our church. He was an honest seeker who was already believing in the existence of God and was close to receiving Christ. And the ushers ushered him to our group. The whole incident was quite amusing but yet divine - we don't know where this guy appears from but he got connected with our group. He is a forex trader, and it happens that two brothers in my group are also doing trading and they clicked at the first instance. During dinner, I was seated at a separate table with him alone and he began to share his background and some of his past struggles and current obstacles in accepting Christ with me. And I didn't know how, but something I said with regard to the book of Job, somehow answered his question on his personal grudge with God. And he went for service the next day again and received Christ.

Looking back at the incident, I was amazed at how God used us, the believers, at separate points in time to bring us nearer to Christ. At some point, I believe that those of us who are believers would be able to trace how God pursued us. For myself, as I have shared before, He perhaps started pursuing me during JC time when a literature lecture explicitly preach Christ in class at the pretext that we need to understand Christianity in order to understand the imagery we study in our texts (of course he did not call for an altar call). In some sense, God used this guy to kickstart my journey although He was the one who sought me and not me who sought Him. In this particular incident, the LG was just sitting there innocently waiting for the service to begin and one guy just entered our auditorium innocently wanting to learn more about God. During dinner, we were just innocently talking and I don't know how but God used me to remove the one last obstacle that has stopped him from accepting Christ.

And it is true that God uses each and everyone of us. We never know how we can play a part in the missionary endeavour of God. On reflection, I think this truly means that we continue to remain good and faithful in all that's being entrusted to us and not slack off in such aspects so that when the time comes, we are well placed as the salt and light that we are meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection