I was catching up with an ex-colleague after she asked me out impromptu before dinner. It was a surprise call but I thought "why not" since I myself have not caught up with her for sometime.

We talked about a lot of things but the most surprising thing, and perhaps the one joy of the conversation, was the discovery that she received Christ sometimes earlier this year. I was shocked, perhaps to the point of tears, but I was happy as well. I remembered how I shared with her some of my journeys before I came to receive Christ some years back on the train and I regretted alighting from the train too soon, ending my sharing halfway. But God has been faithful and sent someone to share with her.

One reflection from the conversation is that God is forever faithful. I was just thinking about how God has always asked the Israelites to teach their children of the Passover, how He delivered Israel from Egypt and how He brought the Israelites to the Promised Land. In the Old Testament, especially in the Pentateuch, such as Deuteronomy, and the Writings, such as Psalm 78, this is always reminded to the readers. Even in Romans, Paul had to remind his readers of God's faithfulness.

God is faithful even when we are unfaithful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection