Just want to pen down some thoughts before I fly off for my trip.

Two years ago, at exactly this period, I was preparing myself to fly to Japan to help out with some of the relief work in Tohoku area which were affected by the tsunami. What I saw back then, I was not prepared for it. That trip changed my outlook on the Christian mission and I was prepared to invest more time in social causes, having in mind that these are avenues which God's love can be shown and demonstrated to the suffering world. Two years on, Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines.

The devastating news took a long time for me to realise the magnitude of the damage. But yet again, while we were having the special giving earlier during service, I felt that God broke my heart once again. And again, the same feeling came, and for a short while, I was asking why God would allow this to happen. The response from myself did not take long because regardless what is the answer, I was singing later "For You alone deserve all glory..." and I will worship Him this day.

Indeed, God is worthy of worship. The church has been talking about miracles for a very long time, and indeed it is fair for Christians to continually expect God to work miracles today. I was again also reminded of something I realised a long time back - the greatest miracle that God can perform in anyone's life is the life transformation from the inside out. For whoever is in Christ, the new has come. And the cliche expression of the leopard's spot is completely torn down by the sacrifice that Christ has made on the cross. My favourite sight in a service - seeing people lifting up their hands to worship God - is precisely the indication to me of the individual lives that God has transformed.

And that is why He deserves all worship. And He is the God of the poor, the rich, the happy, the joyful, the brokenhearted, the living and the dead. He is our Sovereign God.

Comments

  1. You know, bro, I suddenly had this thought of visiting the Philippines - esp that typhoon-afflicted area. But still thinking about Japan. Maybe we can pray about this tog and see where the Lord leads us to next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Why has God allow Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines, resulting in such devastation? How could this make sense to a non-believer that people should give God all glory He deserves?

    anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection