A new beginning

As some of you would have known, I recently changed job and my last day with my previous employer was last Friday, 12 Sept 2014. I was just thinking through on my journey with MOH and felt that even though I have left the organisation, there are certain things that God has let me go through that has helped to shape my life today:

Firstly, MOH became the place where I was able to see through a process on how a marketplace ministry/fellowship group can be started. It was not an easy journey from the beginning, and we started with 4 pax in 2013 but God led more people to join us and by the time I left the organisation, the prayer group was about 20 odd people strong with more people joining us hand in hand for prayer each week. I believe that this is a ministry that God has led to fruition and it has helped me to see God's hand tangibly in the everyday mundane work.

Secondly, MOH unknowingly became my 'matchmaker'. I shall leave the story at there for the future.

Thirdly, I think in MOH, I found some people whom I can share my theological thoughts with. What awe me is that we can come from totally different denominational background but if someone is determined to live out our Christian values that are found in the Scripture, there is always common ground for us to share our thoughts with one another, thus sharpening one another in the process. I must say that I learned a lot in the journey and it has helped to shape my thinking in some theological areas as well.

Of course, moving to a new workplace, I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy my new life as of now. For one, I get to wake up much later than previously. Back in MOH, I start work at 7am (although it is something entirely by choice) but now, I wake up at 7am or even later. Back in MOH, if I want to knock off by 5.30pm, I start work at 8am. Here in my new place, I start at 9.30am and go off at 5.30pm. As I don't use a laptop, I am not required to work at home and overtime is heavily discouraged here.

These are just the peripheral perks, I must say. What intrigued me most is that we have weekly devotions together in the morning as well as bible reading. What more can I ask for?

Nevertheless, I must admit that there is a downside to all these - that I am receiving a pay cut, since I am effectively going into full time ministry. Sometimes, it is a struggle for me to give up the lifestyle that I had previously. However, I also understood that it is God who is doing the leading in my life and hence I know that if I follow His leadership, He will take care of my needs. After all, I need to practice what I preached - literally. Matthew 6:24-34, the gist of it is that God will supply all our needs and we do not need to worry if we seek first His kingdom and righteousness. I preached that passage before, and I know that this is God's word for me as I go through this season of my life in faith.

Anyway, this is a new beginning for my life, and I am looking very much forward to what God has in store for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parable of the 'Good Samaritan'

Of Teaching and Learning

Of Exegesis, Wedding Preparation and the Whole Lot of Things: Another Reflection